The Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American College of Surgeons hosted its Presentation of Most Interesting Cases May 16th at The LeMont Restaurant in Pittsburgh, PA. Chapter President Christopher Bartels, MD, FACS, welcomed attendees and facilitated the evening’s presentations. Area surgical residents were invited to submit abstracts for consideration by the SWPA ACS Council. The Council selected the following cases to be presented at the event:
- Glucagonoma Presentation and Treatment: Not Just an ABSITE Question, Rachel P. Tindall, MD, from Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Health System
- Multiply Injured Trauma Patient with Inominate Artery Laceration, James Ackerman, MD, from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Mercy
- Portal Venous Anomaly Associated with Giant Intrahepatic Duodenal Diverticulum, Michael A. Archer, DO, from Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Health System
- Primary Hepatoma and Primary Renal Cell CA with Portal Vein Thrombus, Mark Scaife, MD, from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Mercy
- Paradoxical Portal Anatomy in a Young Male with Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Ravi N. Ambani, MD, from Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Health System
Following the presentations, Dr. Rachel P. Tindall was awarded Most Interesting Case and Dr. Michael A. Archer was selected as runner-up. Congratulations to Drs. Tindall and Archer. Special thanks to all of our presenters and the physicians who submitted their abstracts for consideration.